Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Antique Radio's and New push block.











4103.1



Tomorrow is the last day of this year's AWA Carolinas spring meet in Charlotte. Activities started on Thursday, with the flea market opening Friday morning. I have attended this meet for many years, but just couldn't justify the cost of the hotel and meals for the full 3 days this year. Since we have a family related event we need to attend in Spartanburg, I don't feel too bad about running up to Charlotte early in the morning to look over the last of the flea market vendors before heading down to Spartanburg. Who knows, maybe I will find some minor treasure to bring home. Here are some pictures from last year's meet.


I built a new Rip Push Block today with some scrap I had laying around. I patterned it roughly after one I saw in the De-Cristoforo book. Mine is a little bigger than the original. I sized it based on what works well with my hand size. I made the vertical part tall enough to hit the end of the blade guard without slipping under. I made the base long enough for the work to completely clear the cut, but short enough to mis the anti-kickback pawls. The base is detachable so it can be replaced as it wears. A nice little project that didn't take much time, but will add a degree of safety when ripping on the radial arm saw.




No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.