Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Welding Table


The weather has finally started to warm and I got a couple things done out in the shop. I have a little Miller buzz box welder that I occasionally use for repairs or to build a new gadget. Up until now, I have been struggling to weld things on a small little platform of channel iron on the concrete floor. I already had a small frame and legs from a machine I scrapped a couple of years ago, so I picked up some old vertical pieces of pallet racking at the scrap yard and had them cut to length and welded them up on some angle iron I had in the shop from some trash pickings. The end result is this very functional little welding table. Now I can get up off the concrete and give my back a rest whenever I need to do a little welding. Not bad for $45.00 of scrap plus some junk I already had taking up space. I'm so pleased with it I may add some wheels and a shelf for the welder.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.