Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One of those really wonderfull mornings.











I got an early start on the day this morning. Breakfast was shrimp and grits with scrambled eggs and black coffee. Mmmm, thanks Becky. I went outside and decided to walk the yard. The garlic and onions in the garden are looking good and will soon be ready to harvest. Our roses are in bloom and everything around us has leafed out and is growing like crazy. I could not resist snapping some picture of all the plants in bloom and things of beauty. We don't keep our plantings cut back and shaped like many of our neighbors. I'm sure the garden club will never award us yard of the month and the neighborhood association probably has my name on a hit list, but what the hell, I like things to look natural and a little shabby. Besides, it provides lots of cover and habitat for birds and I like that. Every neighborhood has one and in mine, I'm him. In a few more weeks, once everything has stopped blooming, we will trim things up a bit, mainly to keep the plants healthy and to avoid some of the larger plantings from shading the smaller stuff. Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love our yard and gardens.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.