Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happenings....






Things have been rather busy here at Softly Scrambled. Becky and I have both decided to take charge of our health and wellness, and that means changing our diets and making exercise a priority. We have been walking/running, twice a day down at the River-walk. Later this week we plan on working in the Abs of Steel workout to give us some variety. On Monday I fixed us a nice low-fat Chicken Pineapple stir-fry that we served over a small portion of rice. It was really easy and only took about 20 minutes to make.
Whenever we go to the river, We always like to take a camera with us because we never know what we will see while we are out. I got some shots of some kids swimming, jumping off the old locks. It looks like a lot of fun even if it is a bit dangerous.
Flea season is once again upon us, and our old fat tomcat was starting to suffer, so Becky gave him a flea bath this afternoon. It may take Tesla a couple of days before he can forgive us. I believe his only comment on the matter was, "how rude".
My garlic that was planted last fall is near maturity and I went ahead and pulled several of the soft neck variety to dry as we are almost out of last years crop. This year I have both hard neck and soft neck varieties and am very pleased with how they have grown. I also put out some watermelon seeds on the lower side of the lot. I have never had much luck with melons, but I keep trying anyway.
On the employment front, I did not get the job I interviewed for in Orangeburg. I am still applying like crazy and things are starting to pick up. I have a phone interview tomorrow and another one on Friday. Both are with solid companies.

1 comment:

Becky said...

YUM! Fresh garlic from our garden and OH POOR KITTY! But he is feeling a LOT better.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.