Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Nature's Canvas




It is that time of year when the sycamore trees are in their growth cycle and are shedding their outer bark. Afternoon thunderstorms also help peel away the bark and blow it about. The big blotches of bark are very flexible when moist and almost feel leather-like in one's hand. The patterns and shapes are really quite pleasant to observe, and I have often thought they would make an interesting canvas for a nature painting by anyone with more artistic ability than my own.

During our walk/run this morning, we spotted a copperhead along the trail below the CSX trestle. He darted for cover before I could get a good picture, but if you look carefully you can see the orange side of it's head.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.