Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Monday, August 16, 2010

PawPaws, Work, and a Riding Mower




During our periodic walk/runs down by the river, we have noticed a little patch of pawpaws growing along the path. I brought one home recently and gave it a try. The meat is very sweet like a banana. A little research on wikipedia reveals that the pawpaw is North America's only native tropical and the meat of the fruit contains a lot of protein. Pawpaws can be substituted in most any recipe that calls for bananas.  

I currently have some temporary work and it is nice to have a little income. Even if it's not my idea of the perfect job, I am still learning some things and will come away from this as a positive experience. 

On to another topic, I recently rescued a push mower from someone's trash and found that all it needed was a clean air filter and an oil change. The machine is only 2 years old and runs like a top. I think I will keep it. I parked it beside my 25 year old Homelight mower that still works fine. I have also been gifted an old Craftsman riding mower. It is a 2003 model with a 17.5HP Briggs & Stratton. The Exhaust lobe was wiped off the cam due to a lack of lubrication. Parts are on order and I will soon have it back together.

In the woodshop, I have reassembled my little Dewalt MBF with the higher HP frame 236 motor that I salvaged from an old model 7770. I have been carefully performing an alignment and will soon be back to using that wonderful machine.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.