Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Winter Ramblings











This I believe has been our best Christmas ever. I just feel happy and at peace with my situation. We had a bit of snow today, which is very unusual for SC and certainly unusual for December, as we usually only see frozen precipitation in late January, early February. Becky and I took a walk down by the river to enjoy the fresh fallen snow and took a few snapshots. While running some errands I spotted some pigeons on a wire looking terribly cold and miserable. Once we got home from our errands, we decided that some homemade chicken noodle soup would go well with the cold weather. We use a recipe from Consumers Reports that is just wonderful. I like some tortilla chips with mine. We both put away 2 bowls we were so hungry. I took a few moments to check on my little garlic patch and was glad to see they are doing just fine under their blanket of snow. As you can see, I planted both some softneck and hardneck varieties. I had some free time yesterday and was able to move my smaller radial arm saw to the base I built and bolt it down. Now I need to build some drawers for the base to gain some much needed storage.

2 comments:

Becky said...

MMMMMMM! Yummy Soup!

Becky said...

YEAH!!! And I SEE you gathering up that snowball that flew past me right after I took that picture of the Rail Trestle. ; )

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.