Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Something from the shop.


I've recently been going through some of my things out in the radio room and came across this little analog multimeter. I picked it up at an AWA meet a few years ago for $5.00. A very well made little Bakelite meter with a mirrored scale. Reasonably good impedance for an old analog job; 30000 ohms/volt DC, 15000 ohms/volt AC. I'm sort of a sucker for a mirrored scale so I had to bring the little guy home. The little meter works just fine and looks like new inside and out. There are no maker's marks anywhere to be found; just "Part Number 145-0254" and sn 772. This meter looks to be typical of the high quality Japanese electronics that began flooding the US market in the 1970s. I wonder where it came from? Was it a kit, something from a correspondence course, or just an inexpensive meter from one of the many mail order houses that catered to hams and electronic hobbyist? I may never know, but it sure has been fun wondering and doing a little searching. Pretty good fun for only $5.00.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out anything about it? Would you like to sell it?

Scott said...

I never did find any new information about this little meter, but I think I will hold on to it for now.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.