Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

New Old Coffee Grinder

I finally became disgusted enough with my cheap POS  coffee grinder that I began researching a more robust solution. High quality consumer grade burr grinders start at about $150.00 and go up from there. I also noticed a variety of commercial grade grinders on ebay and craigslist.



The POS
I finally narrowed down my choices to an old Hobart or Grindmaster like you would see in the grocery stores back in the 50's and 60's. After searching ebay and craigslist for a couple of months I had the good fortune of finding a Hobart 3430 near Atlanta. Here are some pics from the craigslist ad.


Craigslist Photo
Craigslist PIC


It's a little worse for wear and tear, but I like rebuilding old things and putting them back in service. All the parts are there and the motor runs so I guess it's a keeper. This thing is large and heavy and was built to last. The downside is some water was allowed to settle in the grind chamber so I have a bit of work ahead of me. That's all for now.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.