Comments from my life, family, and projects I enjoy.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Drill Press Delays

One thing that caused some delay with my Hobart Grinder project was some downtime with my drill press. The on/off switch fell apart. Yes, it's an el-cheapo from China Freight. I guess I should know better. I did not have a direct replacement on hand, but I did have some rather stout toggle switches in my junk box, so that's what I used. Of course this required the fabrication of a new mounting plate, as the form factor of the switches was different. With a cut-off wheel and my old sears hand drill I fabbed up a plate with some leftovers from the capacitor bracket project. It's always nice to get multiple uses from the same piece of scrap. Here's a shot of the finished plate. I thought it turned out ok and the switch will probably outlast the rest of the machine.


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Popular Posts

Followers

About Me

My photo
Midlands of South Carolina, United States
Husband, Father, Quality Engineer, Electronics Professional, and tinkerer. Facinated by old technology and well made old tools. Old iron is good.